PAR Government Systems Corporation (PGSC) is an industry leader in systems and service solutions for the geospatial intelligence community. For more than 30 years, PGSC has provided software solutions, systems engineering expertise and geospatial product innovations for motion and raster imagery, Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), and geospatial information assurance for the Department of Defense, Federal, State and local agencies, as well as private industry customers throughout the world.
AAS in Electronics Technology, or training in IP/Satellite Communications Systems with six (6) years of working experience in IP Networking, Satellite, Wideband, or Technical Control fields and have completed Satellite Communications Maintainer/Operator military schools or civilian equivalent.
Six (6) years hands-on experience in the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of IP/Satellite Communications Systems. Four or more years experience in programming and maintaining Cisco router, switches, and firewalls. Experience working with and managing BGP and OSPF, as well as Multicast routing and tunneling.
Qualified to perform the following duties:
The RHN RF Tech II shall be knowledgeable in the operations and maintenance of IP Networks, Satellite communications systems, and capable of understanding complex routing system.
The RHN Tech II shall have the following general qualifications:
• Experience to provide advanced troubleshooting assistance with terminal operators
• Experience supporting Tier II of all RHN/Teleport systems and equipment
• Technical proficiency in the operation of the RHN/Teleport facility encompassing all hardware and software associated with the commercial Ku/Ka/C-Band earth terminals; baseband systems; fiber optic systems/components; interface equipment; cabling and duct work; system monitoring equipment; test, measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE)
• Familiarity with heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and power support systems.
• Experience with various software interfaces, specifically Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and CISCO Command Line.
The RHN RF Tech II shall possess significant expertise in theory and practical application of RH physics as pertaining to satellite communications to include:
• Multiple Frequency Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA)
• Linux Based systems
• Frequency Conversion
• Electromagnetic transmission principles
• Satellite loading dynamics and access/de-access procedures
• Satellite modem menu architectures
• Interpretation of satellite Link Budgets and task orders
• Plotting and interpreting spectrum analyzer traces
• Operation of Encryption/COMSEC Devices
• Operation of TMDE
The RHN RF Tech II shall possess network engineering knowledge and skills including knowledge and understanding of:
• TCP/IP protocol stacks (i.e., OSPF, BGP)
• Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) formatting
• Analog over Internet Protocol formatting
• IPV(4) and OPV(6) IP addressing schemes
• Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (VPN) tunneling architectures
• VPN routing and forwarding
• IP Switching and routing, to include routing metrics
• IP Hardware configuration (switches, router, etc.)
• Network troubleshooting
• Army IA and Security Policies
• Anti-virus appliances
• DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
The RHN RF Tech II will be qualified to handle numerous tasks supporting the DKET, TELEPORT, DVB-RCS, and DSCS operations in addition to the RHN responsibilities. The RHN RF Tech II will maintain proficiency to:
• Respond to all equipment failures to assist, correct or fix as required.
• Report deficiencies, repairs and maintenance remaining incomplete or unresolved after initiation of repair/resolution action; report to include: nature of the deficiency, reason for incomplete or unresolved status and date required action shall be completed
• Troubleshoot, repair and adjust all electronic communications equipment associated with the RHN equipment and it supporting base band equipment.
• Generate a REMEDY report via NIPRNET IAW with RHN Operations SOP
• Operate IA Tools
• Assist the government and military personnel when asked for assistance on any project, PMCS, mission, to include shift operational duties when required
• Perform maintenance on equipment in a manner that ensures minimal impact on the system while providing service during the maintenance period
• Review technical manuals for accuracy and recommend changes as necessary
• Maintain Cisco 3800 routers, 3500 switches, 7800 Call Manager, and ASA Firewalls, Cetrix WanScalers, RedCom, Promina, KIV-7M, and KG-175s.
• Perform Network management and content filtering using Cisco ACS, Cisco works, SolarWinds Engineer’s Toolset, Cisco Mars and Cisco CSM and ASDM.
• Be knowledgeable of the RHN system operations
Must be a US Citizen and have a Secret Clearance
PAR Government Systems is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.