PAR Government Systems Corporation (PGSC) is an industry leader in systems and service solutions for the geospatial intelligence community. For more than 30 years, PGSC has provided software solutions, systems engineering expertise and geospatial product innovations for motion and raster imagery, Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), and geospatial information assurance for the Department of Defense, Federal, State and local agencies, as well as private industry customers throughout the world.
The Hardware Architect - HPC will participate with others in an architecture planning team. As a member of the architecture planning team, the hardware architect will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Requirements to architecture planning and execution of commercial, custom commercial, and SPD systems. Architecture and application synergies. Reuse and upgrade opportunities.
- Systems pathfinding.
- Performance analysis.
- HPC-facing network structure, technology, features, and performance.
- Specification of interconnected fabric topology, technology, features, and performance.
- Specification of storage hierarchy, capacity, technology, and performance.
- Specification of memory hierarchy, capacity, technology, and performance.
- Specification of CPU instruction set, concurrency, features, performance.
- Power/energy planning and optimization.
- Fault tolerance and fault recovery approaches.
- Manufacturability, reliability, availability, serviceability.
- Lifecycle cost analysis.
- An active TS/SCI/Poly security clearance (required)
- Very strong use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories (required)
- Very strong knowledge of other related disciplines (required)
- Very strong proficiency with requirements management & system modeling tools (required)
- Recognizes various architectural patterns and applies them appropriately (required)
- Very strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (required)
- Very strong written and verbal communications skills (required)
- Ability to get buy-in on concepts and ideas (required)
- Creative thinker (required)
- Ability to multi-task (required)
- Effective in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions (required)
- Very strong ability to clearly report information relevant to sound systems engineering design (required)
- Very strong understanding of basic project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls (required)
B.S., or higher in Computer Science (required)
PAR Government Systems is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.