PAR Government has over forty years of experience applying science and engineering to challenging problems. The company’s entrepreneurial culture, freedom, and flexibility have produced a “follow the problems” approach that pushes technological boundaries for how people and technology interact in the digital age. This enthusiasm has delivered software solutions, systems engineering expertise, and geospatial product innovations for motion and raster imagery, LiDAR, mobile situational awareness, and geospatial information assurance for the Department of Defense, Federal, State and local agencies, as well as private industry.
Perform work that involves implementing situational awareness, geospatial algorithms and solutions on mobile computing equipment running iOS. Primary activity is software design, development, integration, and testing. Duties also include preparation of specifications, performance of studies, primary and secondary fact finding, and demonstration/exercise support.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Able to develop, integrate, and test software solutions with minimal supervision.
- Be able to develop new software or readily modify existing software.
- Must be able to take immediate direction from Chief Architect and Chief Engineer.
- Must be able to develop in a controlled software configuration management environment.
- No direct supervisory responsibility
- Coordinate work with other software and senior software engineers.
- Contacts are primarily with other software development and testing individuals/group.
- May coordinate with operational users and may work on-site with operational users.
- Will coordinate daily with program manager, chief engineer and chief architect.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree with 3 - 10 years experience in related field. Masters Degree desired.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Java, C++, object oriented and network centric systems.
- Operating system experience includes Apple iOS and/or UNIX/LINUX.
- Experience with one or more of the following development tools/environments is desired: Microsoft Apple iOS External Accessory Framework, Open GL, FFMEG, Spatial Lite.
- Domain experience in geospaitial systems (i.e., moving map display), full motion video, geopostioning devices, advanced GPS technology, and/or mission planning solutions desired.
- Must be able to readily obtain a DoD Security Clearance. Existing active DoD clearance is desired
PAR Government Systems is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.