PAR Government Systems Corporation (PGSC) is an industry leader in systems and service solutions for the geospatial intelligence community. For more than 30 years, PGSC has provided software solutions, systems engineering expertise and geospatial product innovations for motion and raster imagery, Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), and geospatial information assurance for the Department of Defense, Federal, State and local agencies, as well as private industry customers throughout the world.
PAR Government Systems has immediate need for a Software Engineer to maintain multiple Elastic Search n-tier enterprise applications in support of the DOD. The position will develop technologies and products under the guidance of the System Architect and Program/Software Manager. The Software Engineer will actively participate with SCRUM development teams and meetings. The engineer will be responsible for working with a highly functional team developing automating server routines, optimizing system performance, establishing system monitoring, and maintaining established operating systems and security protocols for large Elastic Search clusters. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates; as well as preparing design and test documents.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participates in the design and coding of software products.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Prepares comprehensive test plans and conducts tests.
- 4. Analyzes test results and recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Designs and develops compilers, assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Use of software engineering best practices:
- Design documentation and review
- Code reviews
- Debugging application/system errors on development; QA and production systems
- Designing testing infrastructures and implementing unit tests
- Operations and sustainment of multiple Elastic Search clusters and Amazon cloud environments
Qualifications and Skills:
2-5 years of related software development experience.
- 1-3 Year Elastic Search experience / Linux systems administration
- Strong Python coding experience
- Basic understanding of software/application development processes
- Experience with Java and Python web framework
- Experience building Amazon EC2 instances and S3 bucket for development, test, and production environments
- Understanding of access management and security groups (i.e. LDAP, IAM, S3 bucket, Cloud Trail, SSH, VPN, etc.)
- Programming experience with Java; Python and/or Shell scripting
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (i.e. SALT, Chef, Ansible)
- Ability to write and use unit and functional testing
- Ability to work on Linux and Windows environments
- Ability to work under tight time constraints
- Experience working with a team of software developers
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Preferred Qualifications
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
An active TS/SCI clearance is required by the customer.
PAR Government Systems is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.