PAR Government Systems Corporation (PGSC) is an industry leader in systems and service solutions for the geospatial intelligence community. For more than 30 years, PGSC has provided software solutions, systems engineering expertise and geospatial product innovations for motion and raster imagery, Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), and geospatial information assurance for the Department of Defense, Federal, State and local agencies, as well as private industry customers throughout the world.
An Enterprise Management Systems (EMS) Engineer's expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise management environment.
- Must be able to support a large, complex server and network infrastructure
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be self-directed, and be a detail-oriented professional
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new, cutting edge technologies
- Must be willing to document work and participate in customer change procedures
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Must be a team player; willing to both share knowledge and learn from others to ensure the team's success
Responsibilities and Duties
- Configure Network Performance Management tools to provide IP Service Level Monitoring Reporting.
- Work with Network Engineers to modify monitoring configuration to match network changes.
- Develops, implements, and executes standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the EMS tools including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
- Configure EMS tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of servers and applications.
- Perform actions and activities on Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems as needed.
- Interfaces with IT Operations staff to adapt EMS tool capabilities to meet operational requirements.
- Tunes EMS tools performance and event data quality to maximized EMS system efficiency.
- Assists with analysis using EMS and other tools to detect and respond to IT events, incidents, and outages.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
- Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- 3-6 years of experience with BMC specific tools.
- Experience with BMC fault and performance management tools; including installation, configuration, and administration.
- Fault event rules development, performance threshold management
- Experience with tools in an enterprise environment
- Experience with one or more of security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, or patch management.
- Event analysis.
- Strong background in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers
- Scripting skills.
- Specific experience with BMC tools including BPM, BPPM, BEM, and SIM including service modeling.
- Windows, Solaris, or Linux administration.
- Service Model development.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
An active TS/SCI clearance is required by the customer to support this program.
PAR Government Systems is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.